Monday, April 22, 2013

Pumped for The Penn Relays 10,000m

The 119th running of The Penn Relays is finally here! I am so excited to be heading back to one of Track & Field's premier events. Unfortunately, I will be flying out early Friday morning after my race so I won't get to stick around and enjoy being a spectator of the other races. I am most excited to be a competitor though spectating would have just been a bonus to the trip.  Below is the start list for my race. 
Will be run in conjunction with the College Women's 10,000m

The entries for the College Women's 10,000m have not been released yet, but I am confident there should be a decent sized field.

I love the days leading up to a big race. So much preparation is about to be put to the test and I especially enjoy clicking off splits in my last pre-race workout. Last night's workout was no different as I felt smooth running some 600m repeats at 10k goal pace. I was pleased with how I felt after a busy ACC Outdoor Track & Field Championship weekend. Coaching the lady Noles in Raleigh this weekend was exhilarating and watching the ladies hit some PR's while giving their all to score team points was inspirational.  Coming so close to beating Clemson for a team title made for a thrilling Saturday and after their solid performances I can't wait for the rest of the season. It also peaked my own excitement for seeing how all of my hard training will pay off when I test myself Thursday night.

My general goal is to compete in the front pack of the race and break 34:00 minutes for the second time. I also have some tougher time and place goals, but for now I am going to stay focused on staying relaxed the first few miles and then turning on my competitiveness. I can't wait to be back in Philadelphia and absorb all the energy The Penn Relays has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment