Monday, March 25, 2013

Testing Fitness on the Track

After a week of uncertainty about what my next bigger goal race would be it has been decided! 

I will be competing in the 10,000m at the 119th Penn Relays on Thursday, April 25th. 
  
Penn Relays is one of the pinnacle events of track & field and I can't wait to race in a stadium that is filled with so much history and energy. The last time I raced at Penn Relays was 10 years ago when I was a freshman in high school. I had a habit then of running like a 'deer in the headlights' according to my High School Coach, Dave Davis. In a month I will get to run 25 laps with a mature confidence I lacked for those three laps that led off our Distance Medley Relay a decade ago. 
In the meantime there is still much work to be done and most likely a hilly 10k road race two and a half weeks before. Having a bigger race to focus on fuels my training and I'm looking forward to getting to hop on the track for a few workouts. After thinking hard about it I am pretty sure I have done two workouts on the track in the past six months. So to say I am excited to test on the track all of the fitness I have built racing and training longer on the roads the past few months is an understatement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment